Oatmeal is one of the most commonly used grains when it comes to making a healthy breakfast, and it’s no accident. This grain stands out for its high nutrient content, a Soft and sweet taste And besides, in the kitchen, it is very versatile in both sweet and savory dishes. As if that wasn’t enough, it’s now much easier to find. Quality rolled oats They are cheaply made for breakfast and will keep in the pantry for months.
Oatmeal for breakfast: there is no shortage of reasons
If we include oatmeal at breakfast, we will ensure a particularly good vitamin intake Group B vitaminsThey are important for the proper functioning of the brain, maintaining a good energy level and maintaining the eye care, nervous system and ability to concentrate.
With a good oatmeal breakfast Thanks to fiber, we improve our intestinal transit. Slow-absorbing carbohydrates a Stable energy supply for the whole morning, to satisfy us and avoid that we need too many snacks between meals. We also get a good portion of protein.
Also, when it comes to cooking, oats are a very versatile grain and there are many opportunities to use oats for breakfast.
How do you eat oatmeal for breakfast?
We can prepare the usual Oatmeal porridgeSimply cook oat flakes in milk or vegetable broth, water or mixture until creamy, then garnish with cocoa, fruit, nuts and, if desired, some natural sweeteners.
Now, okay, if we go for porridge, to make sure our oatmeal breakfast is balanced It should be added to a portion that is rich in protein Like peanut butter or other seed or nut butter, or nuts and seeds themselves.
If we need more protein, We can cook oat flakes and once cooked Add beaten egg And give it two turns in the pan until ready.
But although porridge is the most popular breakfast with oats, we can prepare many other breakfasts with oats that give us a lot of variety in the morning. We can prepare at home, for example, all kinds muffins, biscuits, pancakes, energy bars or cookies with oat flakes or oat flour. It is possible to prepare several sets of oatmeal to solve breakfast.
If we like salty breakfastWe can try to take it Oatmeal porridge in salty versionWith eggs, as we said before, or even with fried vegetables, avocado, tahini or salsa.
We can try to do it Breads with oats Or try the salty version of oatmeal pancakes.
4 Easy or healthy oatmeal breakfast
Here are four ochomel breakfast recipes that everyone is sure to love:
Oatmeal and Yogurt Granola Tarts
These tartlets look delicious, but breakfast is served in a different way. They have a granola base and are filled with yogurt and fruit, which is a A very complete breakfast. It is also a recipe To make it fun and easy.
If you want to make tartlets without oil, You can replace the oil with halved banana.
Ingredients for 6 tartlets
- 1 cup of oat flakes
- 4 tablespoons of almond flour
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup, rice, or honey (1 of each, optional, for topping)
- 200 grams of coconut yogurt or Greek yogurt for filling
- Fruit to fill
- Two drops of vanilla
- A pinch of salt
Preparation (10′ + 10′ cooking):
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix the peanuts with the almond flour, cinnamon and salt. Add oil and syrup and mix well. You should have a non-breakable dough in your hand. If it is too dry for you, add a teaspoon of oil or syrup.
- Fill the base and edges of muffin tins with a thickness of 0.5 cm and create a small plate. Take to the oven and cook for about 10 minutes until they start to brown. Reservation
- In the morning, fill the base of tartlets with natural yogurt (you can mix yogurt with a little honey or maple syrup), or you can add a little almond butter. Decorate with fruit.
Oatmeal muesli-style breakfast cookies
Cookies generally don’t fall into the category of healthy breakfasts because they contain a lot of sugar and unhealthy fats. In the classic version, they do not provide many nutrients or fill for a long time.
But these Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies are something else: in addition to oatmeal, they contain nuts, seeds, and peanut butter, a perfect combination of complex carbohydrates, protein, and fiber that’s naturally banana-sweet. is it Eating like a bowl of muesli, but in the form of a cookie.
For 16 small biscuits
- 200 g well-roasted oats (2.5 cups)
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter (or other nuts)
- 50 g of nuts such as almonds, walnuts, chopped hazelnuts or pumpkin sunflower seeds
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons raw sugar, maple syrup, or honey (optional, for those with a sweet tooth)
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- Raisins, chopped dried apricots, dried or fresh cranberries, or chocolate chips (optional)
Preparation (15′ + 15′ cooking):
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly oil it.
- Peel the bananas, put them in a bowl and mash them with a fork until they are pure. Add the peanut butter and mix well until you get a homogeneous mixture. Add the rolled oats, cinnamon and nuts and optional ingredients to the mixture.
- With wet hands, form cookies and place on a baking tray. Bake for 15 minutes until they start to brown. Let it cool.
Oatmeal and vegetable omelet
Savory breakfast lovers have many options for the classic toast with oil and tomato. For example, this oatmeal omelet with vegetables, a complete breakfast with a good portion Proteins, carbohydrates and vegetables for slow absorptionThis ensures the necessary energy for the whole morning.
It is a very versatile recipe: we can use whatever vegetables we have on hand.
Ingredients for 2 people
- 4 soup rolling oats
- 3 eggs (or 12 tablespoons of onion powder mixed with 12 tablespoons of vegetable broth, for a vegan version)
- 4 tablespoons vegetable milk
- 4 mushrooms
- Half a red pepper
- 1 handful of spinach
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
Preparation (10′ + 10′ cooking):
- In a bowl, combine the peanuts with the vegetable broth and let it sit while you prepare the other ingredients. If you have time or have slow digestion, you can leave the oatmeal to soak overnight.
- Prepare the omelette. Crack the eggs into a bowl, season with salt and pepper. If you want to use onion powder, thoroughly mix the powder with water and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Prepare the vegetables. Cut the mushrooms into slices and pepper into small pieces. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and fry the mushrooms and pepper with a little salt, for 5-7 minutes. Add the spinach and saute a couple of turns in the pan.
- Add the vegetables to the egg mixture. Add the boiled peanuts and mix well.
- In the same pan as the vegetables, heat another olive oil, pour the mixture and cook for about 2 minutes. Flip the tortilla over and cook the other side and serve.
Easy Oat Bread Oat Toast for Breakfast
A good avocado toast or toast with olive oil and tomatoes are two common healthy breakfasts in the Mediterranean diet. The key to a healthy breakfast is bread, and it’s best to choose 100% wholemeal bread. But what if we tried this gluten-free bread recipe?
We can find many gluten-free breads in the market, but this homemade oat bread is 100% healthy and easy because it is made with only two ingredients. Fried is delicious.
Ingredients for 1 loaf
- 275 g oat flour (certified gluten-free if desired)
- 350 ml natural yogurt (can be vegetable)
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 tablespoon psyllium
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of salt
Preparation (10′ + 45′ cooking + 10′ rest):
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and grease a baking tray with a little oil or line it with parchment paper.
- If you don’t have oatmeal, grind the flakes until you have it.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the curd to form a dough. Rest for 10 minutes.
- Pour the dough into the mold, smooth, sprinkle with oat flakes or seeds, place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into it is dry. Let it cool