One of the best vegetables in existence for me are artichokes, tender and delicious. The best way to prepare it is candied or this recipe for artichokes with ham and onion.
Burden artichokes They are very healthy ingredients and highly recommended for weight loss, they are also diuretics.
For this recipe I used fresh artichokes from Navarre, but you can use bottled artichokes perfectly. I have to say I love bottled artichokes, but they have a different flavor. So you have to try whether you like it or not, don’t expect the same flavor.
After the holidays we are looking healthy recipes oh vegetable recipes To be able to remove excess, this recipe is perfect. I leave it to you too vegetable stewis Artichoke with mussels, cardo in Navarre it is Zucchini cakeis chicken eggplants, chicken rice, lubina a la sal or if you are not healthy dinners .
How to clean artichokes
- We start by cutting the stem, we can leave it if we want but we have to peel it.
- We remove the outer leaves until we see that the artichoke has a yellowish color.
- Cut the tip and rub some lemon juice so it doesn’t rust.
- Peel the base and put in cold water with parsley
Prevents the artichoke from rusting
Many times we ask ourselves how to prevent the artichoke from rusting, since nothing else comes into contact with the air, it wilts. That doesn’t mean it goes bad, but it changes color and oxidizes.
- The first trick is to cut half a lemon to prevent it from getting juicy by scrubbing it a bit. This method can cause the artichoke to taste somewhat tangy and lemony. For me the second option.
- The best method is to put them once cut in ice water and a few sprigs of parsley. That way they will come out perfectly.
Artichokes with ham recipe
With all these recommendations we are going to prepare the artichokes.
- 6 large fresh artichokes
- 2 shallots or 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of flour
- 5 or 6 lonchas serrano jamón or iberico jamón
1.- Peel the artichokes as I indicated before. Cook the artichokes in salted water for about 15 minutes. Don’t throw the water away because we are going to reserve it.
2.- While we are going to poach the onion and garlic in a little extra virgin olive oil until they become transparent, for about 10 minutes.
3.- After the time, add the flour and let it cook for a few minutes. Then we add the ham and reserve.
4.- With the cooked artichoke hearts, add them together with a little sauce and saute for a few minutes. Add salt and black pepper to taste, carefully because the ham already adds a lot.
And enjoy some delicious sautéed artichokes with ham