?SYou know that it is better not to add cow’s milk to make smoothies for anemia?
It has an explanation. Milk is rich in calcium, (125 mg per 100 grams) and calcium-rich foods prevent iron absorption by 50-60 percent. So if you eat foods rich in iron such as pistachios, flax seeds or red meat And you drink milk, the iron your body absorbs is reduced by half.
What should and should not be an anemic shock? In another journalistic article, we will prepare a homemade protein cocktail, today shakes for anemia.
What is anemia?
Iron deficiency is the most common cause of anemia. A disease that affects nearly 300 million children worldwide, according to the World Health Organization. When the blood is lacking Sufficient amount of red blood cells or hemoglobin.
If red blood cells or hemoglobin levels are low, the cells are not getting enough oxygen. Children, women and people with chronic diseases They are more likely to be anemic. That’s why it’s important to balance your iron intake.
According to the NIH (National Institutes of Health), iron requirements according to age:
- 7 to 12 months → 11 mg – (for boys and girls)
- From 1 to 3 years → 7 mg – (for boys and girls)
- From 4 to 8 years → 10 mg – (for boys and girls)
- From 9 to 13 years → 8 mg – (for boys and girls)
- From 14 to 18 years → 11 mg – 15 mg for women – / during pregnancy – 27 mg / during breastfeeding – 10 mg
- 19-50 years → 8 mg – 18 mg for women – / 27 mg during pregnancy / 9 mg during breastfeeding
- 51 and over → 8 mg (for men and women)
Especially women of reproductive age are prone to anemia, because of the loss and increase of blood due to menstruation. Blood needs during pregnancy.
Symptoms of anemia
The most common symptoms are:
- Fatigue and lack of energy
- A fast heart rate, especially during exercise.
- Shortness of breath, headache, especially with exercise.
- Leg cramps
- Difficulty sleeping.
If you suspect you have anemia, see your doctor. A lot of information can be obtained from a blood test. If your anemia is due to iron deficiency, your doctor will recommend treatment to normalize these levels.
Animal-based foods such as red meat, chicken, and turkey; or liver are sources of iron. But iron, green leafy vegetables also provide. Spinach, legumes like lentils, whole grains like oats, Seeds such as chia, sesame or flax seeds.
Which elements are useful and which ones should we avoid?
We have to prepare soft for anemia Avoid cow’s milk. Goat and other calcium-rich foods like yogurt. Although they are very healthyCalcium-rich foods inhibit iron absorption by 50-60 percent.
Another element To avoid it is phytic acidIt’s surprisingly found in iron-rich foods like oats, chia, or Dried fruits.
This acid interferes with the absorption of iron and Other minerals such as magnesium, calcium or zinc. It binds to these minerals and prevents the body from using them. even ifWe can reduce it significantly until the phytic acid disappears In a simple way. With the dip.
You can use chia, oat or buckwheat, which is rich in iron, in smoothies, but first you have to reduce the phytic acid content. Easy immersion.
- Put them in a container with water and add a few drops of lemon.
- Let it rest for 2 hours and then drain, the phytic acid content will be reduced and therefore it will not interfere with the absorption of iron and we can use them as ingredients in our soups.
Vitamin C helps absorb iron Then drink a drink rich in calcium or phytic acid rich in this vitamin It’s a perfect combination. If you use oat milk, the phytic acid content is low because the oat is soluble in water.
Smoothies for anemia
Strawberry Banana Oatmeal Smoothie
Vitamin C is abundant in strawberries, with 54 mg per serving. In addition, vitamin A, 3 ug. Group B vitamins such as B9 or folic acidOr (61.5 mg), B 7, (4ug), B3, (0.79 mg), B1, (0.03), B2, (0.05 mg), B6, (0.06 mg). Vitamin E, (0.23 mg), Vitamin K (5.5 mg).
Strawberry antioxidants csuch as vitamin C, quercetin or kaempferol. These ingredients help Immune system To protect themselves from cellular oxidation
Bananas have vitamins, As C, (10 mg), folic acid, (22 ug), vitamin A (18 mg), vitamin E, (0.2) and Also several group B vitamins in small amounts (from 0.8 to 0.06).
Bananas are known sources of potassium 350 mg. Potassium is one of the most important minerals for the human body, it helps regulate fluid balance.s Nervous symptoms and muscle spasms.
Avena sativa plant or common oat is a grass used for fodder and food use, known for its seeds. Contribution of energy and fiber Oats are very high (55 g of carbohydrates and 9.6 fiber per 100 g), it counts. Perfect breakfast cereal.
Among the parts:
- Calorie content (353 kcal / 100 g)
- Proteins (11.72 g)
- provides fat (7.9 g). Unsaturated Omega 6
- Calcium (80 mg)
- Hyro, (5.80 mg)
- Potassium (355 mg)
- Vitamin A (0%)
- Vitamin C (0%)
- Vitamin B9 or folic acid (33 g)
- Vitamin B3 (3.3 mg)
- Vitamin B7 (13 micrograms/ug)
- Vitamin E (0.84 mg)
- Iodine (7.70 mg)
- Amino acids such as lysine or thyronine.
- Soaps such as avenacin, avenacocides.
- Carbohydrates such as beta-glucan, (mucilage), sugar (glucose and fructose).
- As flavonoids: kaempferol, tilanin, quercetin.
- Phenolic compounds (antioxidants) such as benzoic and cinnamic acids, quinoas, flavones, flavonols, anthocyanins, avenanthramides
- Proteins, oats have a high level of protein compared to other grasses. The main storage protein is globulin.
- Sterols, oat leaves contain sterols and steroidal saponins. Among them sitosterol, stigmasterol, avenasterol.
- Fatty acids such as linoleic, oleic and palmitic.
- Minerals: calcium, potassium, iron, silicon, phosphorus, selenium, magnesium.
Now let’s go to the strawberry, oatmeal and banana smoothie recipe for 2 people
- Soy milk – 350 ml
- Strawberries – 14 parts
- Banana – ½ part
- Vanilla flavor – 1 teaspoon
- Stevia sweetener – 2 teaspoons or to taste
- Add the oats to a container with a little water and a few drops of lemon juice. Let it stand for two hours. In this way, we reduce the content of phytic acid.
- After the time has passed, drain the water and add to a suitable glass for a blender (or an American-style glass blender).
- Soak the strawberries in a little water with a few drops of vinegar, drain and cut into small pieces, remove the green part. Use vinegar because it has antibacterial properties We can use it to wash fruits or vegetables.
- Add the strawberries to the mixing glass with oats, half a banana, soy milk and sweetener.
- Mix until a homogeneous texture is obtained.
- Strawberries have scabs, which are small spots around the fruit. There are also those who worry about the tremors. If this is your case, if the strawberries are mashed together with milk; Pass the smoothie through a filter.
- Garnish with a few strawberries or bananas when serving.
Kiwi and pistachio smoothie
Pistachios have 7.20 grams of iron per 100 grams, oats 3.6 milligrams and also vitamin C. Kiwi helps to absorb iron.
Ingredients for 2 shakes
- Kiwi – 2 pcs.;
- Green apple – 1 part
- Pistachios – 60 g
- Cold water – 80 ml
- Cold oat milk – 300 ml
- Stevia vegetable dessert – 2 teaspoons
- Crush the pistachios in a food processor. Reservation
- Peel the kiwi, wash and slice the apple, but don’t remove the fiber-rich skin.
- Add fruit to a blender or food processor.
- Add water and add milk. Crushing
- For the smooth result, pass through a Chinese-style filter, which is very good.
- Add stevia sweetener and mix.
- Serve the smoothie in glasses, and sprinkle the chopped pistachios on top.
Orange and sesame seed smoothie
Sesame seeds are high in iron (14.55 mg), but they also contain phytic acid (which I mentioned earlier interferes with iron absorption). So for this recipe, pWatering the seed an hour before will help reduce the percentage. We also like to absorb iron by carrying oranges that provide vitamin C.
- Orange juice – 400 ml
- Oat milk – 60 ml
- Sesame seeds – 60 g
- Stevia vegetable dessert – 2 teaspoons
- Let the sesame seeds soak for an hour. After some time, filter and reserve.
- In a blender, add orange juice, sesame seeds and oat milk. Squeeze for a few seconds.
- Mix once again.
- If you want the best results, pass the smoothie through a Chinese-style strainer.
- Pour the smoothie into glasses and serve.
Avocado, parsley and chia seed smoothie
Parsley has four times more vitamin C than lemon (190 mg parsley and 51 mg lemon).. Avocados contain small amounts of vitamin C, (6 mg), vitamin A, (12 ug) and iron (0.84 mg).
Its appearance helps to achieve a creamy texture. Chia seeds contain 7.72 milligrams of iron. We leave them to soak for an hour to reduce their phytic acid content.
- Avocado – ½ part
- Chopped parsley – 4 tablespoons
- Lemon juice – half a lemon
- Oat milk – 450 ml
- Chia seeds – two teaspoons
- Stevia vegetable sweetener – 2 tablespoons
- Mint or spearmint leaves for decoration – to taste
- Chia seeds are left to soak in a little hot water for two hours before starting the recipe (or 4 hours in cold water).
- Peel the avocado, cut it in half, put it in a blender or food processor.
- Add lemon juice, chopped parsley, oat milk and sweetener. Crushing
- Pour the chia seeds into a colander (if they are still watery). Add the chia seeds to the mixture and mix again.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with mint or mint leaves.
You might like it too
Characteristics of lemon, the fruit of the squid
Did you like it? The text of the smoothies for anemia? in Facebook You have more recipes to choose from.